Long Time No See

Hello all!

I hope you are doing well or the best that you can be during these crazy times. If you do go out, please wear a mask and social distance. It's the polite thing to do and helps keep everyone safe.

Life has changed exponentially for me over the past several months. There have been so many highs and some lows like always.

Well, I found out where I will be going for my third year! Y'all, the unveiling day was something. We had to move the celebration to our auditorium that day because there was a threat of tornadoes. (Typical Alabama in March.) In the weeks leading up to the event, all of my friends kept telling me that I was definitely going to get my first choice as it was a small, rural Alabama town. On that Thursday morning, when my entire class was opening their envelopes with screams of happiness, I opened my envelope with a gasp of disbelief. It wasn't my first, second, or even third choice. I was stunned. There were so many amazing things about my fourth choice, but I still hadn't expected to be assigned Sylacauga. Things got exciting, however, when one of my good friends told me that she was going there too. We started making plans about housing and excursions and so much more.

Two days before a trip to Sylacauga to look for housing, my friend called me out of the blue. She had been traded to another site. I was devastated. I had really been looking forward to adventuring and learning with her during our third year.

That night, I requested a swap back to my first choice. I had been contacted about such a swap earlier in the week, but I turned it down, believing that my friend and I were both going to Sylacauga. So I waited.

I got the news in an email during our second mandatory guest lecture the next morning. I was thrilled. I even hugged my dean in the break after the lecture. (I asked beforehand. It wasn't Title IX y'all.)

The whole situation taught me to really trust God. He always knows best and had other plans for me besides Sylacauga.

If you had told me a year ago that I would be going to this little Alabama town for third year, I would have had a totally different reaction. Now, I am so excited. I cannot wait to move and start working in the hospital. There are so many hands-on opportunities. I want to learn all that I can. Y'all I'm SO EXCITED! That excitement and the support of my ever-patient best friend are getting me through this season of board studying.

Maybe I'll talk about those next.

See you soon (hopefully),

Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Windshields

The Fruit Fly Debacle

Be Still