The Fruit Fly Debacle


Fruit flies are evil. They just pop up and multiply uncontrollably. You see one fly the first day, and then you have a whole invading army the next. They are only useful in genetic experiments. Please feel free to attach any research articles to persuade me otherwise.

I wouldn't be mentioning these pesky little insects if they weren't conquering my apartment currently. They first appeared about three weeks ago. I quickly started cleaning and trying to get rid of any kind of food that they might feast on. Their population slowly decreased for a few days, but then they came back with a vengeance. So on Sunday, my roommate suggested that we should get pest control to spray the apartment. I was kind of against that because of Winry. I didn't want to let him out in my room for him to accidentally get into some insect poison and die.

So the war began. I immediately went out and bought some fruit fly traps and ingredients for a homemade concoction that I read about online. I set up one of the official traps and mixed together the ingredients for the homemade one. Then I waited.

(Today.)
Approximately twenty-four hours later, the homemade trap is winning by a landslide. It killed seven flies, while the store-bought trap only killed one. I shall keep you updated in the coming days to see who wins this war. (Or if we have to spray for bugs.)

P.S. I know that this is the second post in one day, but oh well. This is a real-time update.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Still

Broken Windshields