Recipe: Puppy Chow

One of my best friends down here is from Iowa, and we love to talk about how our two states are similar and different. The other day she asked me if I had ever had puppy chow and was shocked when my friend and I both responded that we had not and didn't know what it was. So the other day, we decided to make it. Puppy chow is a quick and easy treat that is super tasty. I loved it so much that I'm planning on making some for my boyfriend this weekend.

Ingredients:
8-9 cups of Rice Chex cereal (we made it using 9)
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 stick of butter
1.5-2 cups of powdered sugar (also called confectioner's sugar if you didn't know that like me)

Directions:
Melt the stick of butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. While that is melting in the microwave, measure out your Chex cereal into a large bowl (with a lid preferably). When the butter and such is melted, mix it together really well and pour it over the chex cereal. Mix it together. (We just shook the bowl in order to mix it. My friend also said that you could use your hand, but that the idea was to not break many of the Chex pieces.) Once everything is evenly mixed, add the powdered sugar. We did the last step in three portions. We added a little of the sugar, put the lid on the bowl, and shook everything up. We did that until most of the pieces had an even coat of white goodness on them. If you don't have a lid, you can do this in a gallon Ziploc bag and shake the powdered sugar on the coated cereal pieces.

You can either start eating it immediately or stick the bowl in the freezer or fridge. When you let it chill overnight, the pieces seem to get crunchier and sweeter. But y'all decide what y'all like best.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fruit Fly Debacle

Be Still

Broken Windshields