Growing Pains

On this lovely evening before my twenty-fourth birthday, I have been thinking about what this past year has brought me. I had some amazing experiences and gut-wrenching lows. Friend groups were formed, like the one that was described in the beta fish adventure, and the same ones demolished. It has been a year for sure. And to those people who were in my 23rd year, thank you for your impact in my life.

If I had to describe 23 in one word, I would choose growth. I grew in many ways that surprise me now, yet I still have so much more to work on. However, I make no apologies for who I am. I am human. I make mistakes, yet I give everything I have. I work hard. I care too much, too much to the point that I lose friends. And I am learning that maybe those people weren't really my close friends in the first place.

I saw a quote the other day that said: "I'm not perfect, I'm limited edition." It has been resonating with me recently. I will never claim to be perfect. I mess up. But I am who I am. I'm weird. I have a bearded dragon for a pet, so that explains a lot. I nerd out over Star Wars and Marvel movies. I love being crafty in my spare time and traveling to places that I've never heard of. I like trying new foods and meeting new people. I love cats, and lizards, and frogs, and turtles. Yet I am still a work in progress.

Tomorrow starts the wonderful journey of being 24 for me. In this twenty-fourth year, I hope to dedicate the time that I have been giving to others to working on myself. I want to be a better friend, a better future doctor, a better daughter, a better Christian, and so much more. I'm definitely nowhere close to perfect, but I am a limited edition.

So 24, be good to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Windshields

The Fruit Fly Debacle

Be Still