Lessons from a Toad

I am so incredibly cranky when I don't get enough sleep. And for those of you who have seen me like this, I apologize. I am a jerk. Recently, I have not been sleeping well at all. Last night was the latest non-sleeping venture. I think I might have managed 3 hours of actual sleep instead of staring at my ceiling.

So when I finally gave up on sleep and got up at 4 to meet my best friend, I was in a mood. I was complaining about EVERYTHING in my head. I was being a drama queen honestly. There I was early this morning in a crappy mood standing outside while I waited on my best friend to pick me up to go to the gym.

Since it was so early in the morning, the sprinklers were on at my apartment complex. So as I dodged the sprinklers, I noticed this tiny little shape in the street light. It was a toad.

Y'all, this toad was getting absolutely pelted by the sprinklers. But he just kept sitting there. Honestly, he seemed okay with it. Yes, he was probably getting his water for the day, but if I was a toad, I would have just gone to a puddle instead of getting sprayed. He stayed for the whole fifteen minutes that I stood out on the sidewalk with him. He didn't move or blink. He just endured the sprinklers.

That little toad was putting up with so much and was getting clean and some water to drink. Then it hit me. We are just like that little toad, going through so much in our everyday lives. However, those crazy circumstances are refining us into beautiful things. We go through difficult times for a reason.

That little toad made me change my attitude really quickly. I realized how blessed I am that I woke up this morning. I am blessed that I can go to the gym and that my best friend is willing to go at the crack of dawn to go workout together. I am blessed. These crazy times are just refining me (and probably trying to remind me to stop complaining).

I'm still exhausted, but I believe I can make it through one more class exercise before crawling into bed.

To all of you, I wish you a good sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Windshields

The Fruit Fly Debacle

Be Still