Music as Conveyor of Emotions, Part 1.

Hello y'all,

I'm taking a quick study break to share a few that I realized earlier this afternoon. A year ago I was in a completely different headspace. I had just ended a relationship that would take me months to realize just how toxic it was. I still struggle some days with the psychological and emotional abuse from that time. It's amazing how one person can make you feel like you aren't good enough or feel bad for talking too much or not enough. He really did something to my self-esteem.

Anyways, since I believe that music can share emotions better than most prose, I decided to share a few songs that really resonated with me during the fading time of that relationship and the months after it ended. There are four* that really speak to the situation that I found myself in, but all of them contain emotions that I really felt during that time.

Potential - Danielle Bradbury*
Wrong Direction - Hailee Steinfield*
I Have Questions - Camila Cabello
I Love You's - Hailee Steinfield*
Still Learning - Halsey
You Should Be Sad - Halsey*

I promise to share the songs that have seemed to describe my last six months in the next post or two. I am thrilled to be the woman that I am today. These past six months have really pushed me to my limits and made me into a better person. So, I shall give you a taste of that headspace with a few songs of course.

Daylight - Taylor Swift
Friends Don't - Maddie & Tae

Finally - Only the Young by Taylor Swift - as this generation will be the generation that changes things. We will be the generation to end systemic racism and make police more accountable for their actions. So vote, stand up to the corruption, make your voice heard. I will be marching and being more active once my board exams are over.

But, be safe. Wear your masks. Social distance. The pandemic is still a real thing.

Now go change the world loves and listen to some music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Windshields

The Fruit Fly Debacle

Be Still